Monday, December 28, 2009

Paruppu Thuvayal

If i had to cook in less than 30 mins, then this thuvayal and rasam finds its place definitely. This is my hubby's favourite too. I got the recipe from Kribha. I have tried few recipe's from her blog and loved it a lot. Thanks Kribha for sharing the recipe.

Paruppu Thuvayal

This paruppu thuvayal is served for nursing mom's. The garlic and tuvar dal helps in milk secreation.

Ingredients:

Tuvar Dal / Tuvaram Paruppu - 1/2  cup
Milagu / Pepper - 5
Dry Red Chilli - 3 or  4
Garlic - 2
Asafoetida powder - 1/2 tsp
Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp's
Curry Leaf - 5

Method:

In a Pan, dry roast the above ingredients one by one in the above order. once dry roasted, let them cool.

Add 4 tbsp's of water & salt to taste, along with the dry roasted ingredients and Grind them into a coarse paste.

Transfer the grinded thuvayal to the serving bowl.

Mix the thuvayal with hot rice, add 1/4 tsp of ghee and mix. My way is to pour Rasam generously over the thuvayal sadam and eat it with appalam.

Kothamalli Sadham / Corriander Leaves Rice:

I got to share my Kothamalli Rice Recipe with You all. I prepared my Kothamalli Thokku and mixed with Rice. It turned out excellent. Kothamalli Thokku is one, to be eaten with Hot Idli's or Dosa's. It is also eaten with Noi Kanji, when fallen ill. The Kanji with this thokku is a great combination. anyway for packing lunch, you can mix this thokku with Rice, add some roasted peanuts and pack for lunch.

Check My Kothamalli Thokku Recipe here.

Kothamalli Sadham
[Today's Lunch]

Check the Highlights of Recipe Marathan Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3.

My Fellow Runners on Nupur's Recipe Marathan


12 comments:

  1. Thogayal and rasam with applam is the perfect combo. Mom used to make that when we were kids after giving us a nice oil bath :) followed by a nice afternoon nap!

    Kothamalli thokku looks yummy..one urundai rice and one bite appalam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paruppu thovaiyal, my fav with hot steaming rasam rice...Kothamalli rice makes me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice recipe..i add a little channa dal also..love the addition of garlic..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy delicious paruppu thuvayal..! Nice click too da!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks soooooooooooooooo yummy I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rightly pointed out - Rasam, thogaiyal and appalam, lovely combo. Some combos of our samayal cannot beat the complicated 5-star menus :):) Lovely pic.

    Chitchat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! This has to be delicious ... and having read Sowjanya's comment about eating this after a nice, oil bath ... I would totally sleep like a baby after this wholesome meal! Just wonderful, Lavi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious. I never quite appreciated the paruppu thuvayal till I started to cook for myself. The kothamalli thokku is a must have it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paruppu thuvayal and molagu kuzhambu was made at home when we took traditional weekly oil bath.It is heaven on earth.thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to prepare this thuvaiyal in channa dal,good one lavi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this one surely rings bells in the ear, nutritious and mouthwatering chutney...Great one...

    ReplyDelete
  12. super i will try it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...