Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Daifuku - Japanese Sweet

First Let me Tell You, that you can send your entries for A.W.E.D - Japan till May 10th.

When I first Came across this Wonderfull Sweet in Veganyumyum. I loved the stuffing and the recipe, was resembling our Modak / Kozhukattai recipe. I wanted to give it a try, and when i have a reason for it, why should i delay, and when i tried it, i found it to be so easy. adding Adzuki bean's/Thatta Payir as stuffing, made this an healthy sweet too. I could not produce, the actual endresult, as the Modak preparation took over me. But iam sure, when the recipe give here is followed, you will relish it definetly.

Adzuki Bean's / Thatta Payir / Red Chori Bean

Adzuki Bean's Before and After Soaking.

and this was the first time, i tried these adzuki bean's called as Thatta Payir in Tamil and generally called as Red Chori bean in India. The stuffing part with this adzuki bean tasted so Good. This was the one, which highlighted the taste.

So Click Here for Recipe..

Daifuku with Adzuki Bean's Stuffing

This delicious sweet is for A.W.E.D-Japan.

japan A.W.E.D LOGO

You can send your entries to A.W.E.D - Japan, till May 10th, as i will do the roundup only by the weekend.

and I have a small wish. Japanese Love Cake is a Famous Dessert in Japan.
Here is the Recipe. the below are the ingredient's.

Japanese Love Cake Ingredient's

if any one could bake this cake, i will surely cherish and celebrate your attempt! Looking forward for your entrie's and reply's..

16 comments:

  1. Is that Adzuki beans look? Haven't seen that before. Yeah, they cook a lot with these beans. Great looking dessert, like round Obbattu!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a delicious japanese dessert Lavi..looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a delicious dessert Lavi..stuffing with adzuki beans, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look very similar to the pao in singapore..the stuffing they use here is red bean or lotus stem..looks yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ve heard a lot these beans :) I ve a drink I will post it these week, thx fr extending :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dessert..looking great...good part is almost ingredients are easily available..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lavi,first thanks for extending the deadline..Will send u my entry.
    I like this recipe.Sounds very yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow i have never had anyhing like this, and this looks so yumm.
    Love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already saw that recipe in VeganYumYum, and I loved it too(adzuki beans are delicious!) but I have not been able to find sweet rice flour yet =(

    I'm going to Barcelona this weekend, so maybe I will find something in the Asian Supermaket.

    PS: Thanks for the comments! If you can find hijiki, I really recommend you trying it =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adzuki beans r new to me. Will try to find this soon & give a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow its looking different .. will try it out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I never thought there'd be sweets in Japanese cuisine :P No offence, really! I always think of Sushi only!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a unique recipe Lavi! Lovely pic with all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dish.the pics are amazing.I have just got the recipe of Love cake .Let me see if I can make it b4 10th,I am not so sure.Anyway waiting for the round up

    ReplyDelete
  15. great dishes., check out more cool stuff at www.bestforchef.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...